Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Strawberry-Orange Smoothie




What You'll Need:
1/2 c fat free milk
1/4 c. orange juice
3 - 4 fresh and ripe strawberries, frozen (medium to large sized)
1" piece banana, frozen (optional)
1/2 -1 Tbs raw organic sugar (to taste; can use other sweeteners too)
1/4 tsp vanilla


What to Do:
Place all ingredients in a blender starting with the liquids, then sugar.  Add the strawberries last; blend until smooth.



Tips:
*To make a thinner smoothie, try unfrozen, fresh strawberries instead 
*The smoothie tastes much better when using fresh fruit (i.e. I don't use store-bought frozen fruit), I like to freeze little packets when I buy my strawberries so I can easily grab them and throw everything in the blender
*Don't add ice -adding ice will dilute the over all flavor of the smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment